Removalists’ tips for moving furniture interstate from VicAugust 29, 2019
Before selecting interstate furniture removalists Vic clients need to carefully consider how they can make the relocation process easier for themselves.
At Brendan Hare Removals, we’ve been helping people relocate across state borders to NSW, Queensland and other destinations in our great nation for years. So we’re in a strong position to offer some helpful hints on how to keep the move as simple as possible. Our tips include:
- Don’t attempt to do the whole move yourself. Pick a reliable, insured removalist to do the work for you. Make sure they have plenty of experience and the right equipment such as trolleys, securing straps and well-maintained vehicles to get the job done safely. They also need to offer competitive rates.
- Keep a detailed inventory of the furniture you want your Victorian-based interstate furniture removalists to move and where it is going.
- Decide how the furniture will be packed. Are you going to disassemble the beds and tables or load them in to a truck as they are?
- If you are packing up your house yourself, leave plenty of time to get the job done and use sturdy packing cartons.
- Write the contents of each carton on the outside of the box. It’s also a good idea to label which room it’s destined for at the new location.
- If you are preparing appliances for moving day, use tape to secure any cords to their sides.
- Don’t forget to organise jobs including water, gas and phone disconnection.
- And if you have pets, ask someone to look after them for you on moving day.
For professional interstate furniture removalists Vic clients can rely on Brendan Hare Removals to handle the relocation of their possessions efficiently. We’ve been in the industry for years and we know how to plan and carry out successful moves.
Please contact our friendly team for more information.